Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Linda and Fay... Daughter and Mom, on a wonderful Trip...

As Peg, John and I were frantically getting the tents cleaned out, we had some visitors... These Gals are from near Hermon, Mo. Linda spotted my Season Statues, by the front of my Store, and slammed on the brakes, and made a fast turn around![to her disappointment, they are not for sale...} However, we had a wonderful visit, they told me they had been driving for days, up into Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, and having a Great Time! { Linda told me, they didn't get a handicapped room, one night, and wound up taking a shower together! I was laughing soo hard, at their story, I couldn't hardly speak!} Fay had a stroke, a while back, so she needed a little help...Girls, Girls! What an adventure.... It truly is ALL ABOUT THE JOURNEY! I had Linda in tears when they left... I told them, and I'll tell you all, if you live alone, you MUST have a 'Life line', it is a little gadget you wear, that if you should fall, or have a stroke, and can't get to the phone, or door, you simply push the button, and help is on the way...It saved my Mother's life many times...My Aunt, wasn't so lucky, she had a stroke, and laid in her bathroom, for 12 hours, the damage was irreversible...Please, if you live alone, I don't care how old you are, they could save your life, even if an intruder came in, help would be on it's way... Linda has been trying to convince Fay to get one, to no avail... I think those little Angels brought them to me for a reason, I hope I helped... We want Fay to be around for another Awesome Adventure! I hope they have a fabulous trip home...I know they will... Barb C.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did have a wonderful adventure. However, the Reason those little angels brought us to you, is not what we thought. Had we not stopped, we would have been further down the road, in another direction, when I got the call. My aunt is dying of cancer & only has a short time before she is called Home to be with the Lord. We were in the perfect place to change direction to go see her. She lives a distance away from us, so we visit by phone & mail. I had a dream of her before we left on our trip, so I had phone numbers & directions to her retirement home where she had been only 1 year, & I had been only once. I have had these kind of dreams many times before, so I know what they might mean. We got to have a wonderful visit with her. Mom had not seen her in a number of years, since her stroke. It was beautiful to see them enjoying each others company one last time.I do not believe in coincidence. This was a God Wink.And Barb, mom has been talking about the Life Line. Maybe..... Loved our visit. I'll close with a favorite quote: Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain.

linda said...

Didn't mean to be anonymous, sorry. Linda

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Linda,
Thanks for the wonderful comment...
I visited with my mother, Rose, and she got a big laugh out of the shower story! You are so incredibly fortunate, to have this time with Fay... I was sad after sharing this with my Mom... I know how very much she would have loved for us to go on a journey, like yours... My Mom is totally blind, now, and has a brain tumor, that causes her to have horrible, Grand Mall siezers, she is confined to a wheelchair, and it takes two people to transfer her...
You both touched my heart, and was soooo glad, God made you 'lay on the brakes'...He has a wonderful way, doesn't He...
I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt, but glad you both got to see her, and we will all be together again, someday, in a wonderful place, where the word 'cancer' is never used...
God Bless You Both,
Barb C.