Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Intense...Peg counting out her dough, for her Motherload of Gourds!

I promised Peg, that I would take her to the wonderful Pumpkin Farm, by Vinton... She totally went Crazy!!! She was mumbling to herself, eyes darting, every which way, nose twitching, pacing, carefully stacking, wrapping them in the softest blankets... She was like a kid in a candy shop, and all the candy was only 25 cents a pound .... Heaven for Peg, Heaven.... I finally found a bench, and just sat and watched her... I probably look just like that, at a Great Antique Sale! I introduced her to Bonnie,{ the Proprietor} and they became Fast Friends! We filled her car to the brim, and I kept reminding her, we should have brought the truck...But no... she didn't want any of them to get bruised.... Peg is an artist, and will be making all sorts of wonderful treasures out of them.. I can't wait to see what she does! I love Peg, and after all her hard work, this last week, it was sooo good to see her having the Most Wonderful Time! 'til next time, Barb C.

3 comments:

Lori R. said...

After all that hard work, it's good to hear you got a day to spend with a good friend...

Raggedy Angel said...

I love the way you described her....sounds just like me...I never know where I want to go first in a place full of goodies! Beth

pollyanns said...

Thanks for an awesome reason to play hookie today. It was great to see you gals and fun to get caught up . We need to head down to see Peg sometime... Roadtrip!!!