Friday, October 16, 2009

Clematis...oh my...

My friend, Brandon, popped in yesterday afternoon, and, well...I think he thought I had lost my mind... We discussed taking photo's of the carnage, but I simply could not bring myself to sharing the destruction with you.... Words nor image, could ever describe the annihilation, of the once beautiful, South Green House... Tho the images would be perfect, for a Halloween Horror Flick... Ah, Really....Brandon raised an eyebrow, when I said I could have it pulled together in a week...But then gave me reassurance, that he knew I could do it...{while choking on all the dust, rolling off the dead Clematis...} It was really quite therapeutic, ripping the huge mounds of twisted vines, that had made their way through the glass roof, down to the floor... ah, frustrations... But then speaking to them, with kind, hopefulness, that I have not killed them...Yikes! A Green Thumb, I ain't! Brandon just stood there, wondering how the heck he was going to get out the door, with this 'Mad Woman',{ with a knife, and very sharp scissors in hand} and huge piles of Clematis, between him and the door...Well, he couldn't, not before I enlisted him, into helping me take a big corner cupboard into the store, and helping me decide where to go with the stuff, where the corner cupboard's destination was going to be, and then helping me decide where to put the stuff, that had occupied that spot, well... it's a bit confusing, he was a good sport, and we had a few laughs... We are much alike...we set interesting displays, very meticulous, we are known for being on the 'slow side', but it's all about the details... Every little teeny tiny thing...in it's perfect little place...{and don't mess with it until we are finished...} He is an amazing young man... I watch him, while he shops, and can literally see the wheels turning...Brandon is very quiet, but he oozes an artistic aura, and is truly brilliant, with his creativity... We are both perfectionists, tho most people wouldn't see it in me, {it's all in my head... I'm a sick person} but in Brandon, it is plain as day... Just thinking about it, Brandon is really the only person I know, who really understands my illness... I have known him for years, but our visit yesterday confirmed it, we clicked...My Lord, there are two people on Earth, that totally understand each other... It's like living in a foreign country, not able to speak the language, then someone walks through the door, that you can totally communicate with... What a revelation! { we'd kill each other at a show...} Well, onward and upward, I shall get'er done... Brandon has faith, and so do I... Barb C.

1 comment:

summersundays-jw said...

Hey, I think I get you!! It's a case of your brain working too fast for your hands to keep up. And part of it may be that you don't have enough hours in your day. You do an amazing joy == like nobody else. Jan