Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Canadian Girls Took the Area By Storm!

I was so surprised when my friend and fellow blogger, Sharon {Sweet Repose} called today, and asked if I was open, she said the Gals from Canada wanted to stop by... I'm loading for a show, thank goodness Carolyn A. popped in, and was helping me pack! We were tearing up the place, but if the girls could stand the mess, I can always stand the company! { I did tell them, however, if they stayed too long, I was putting them to work!} We all had a great time! They found some cool treasures, and we even went out to lunch, and kept right on gabbin'! It is sooo nice to meet folks, that you just seem to 'click' with! Those Gals even talked me into showing them my messy house.... I don't let ANYONE in my house at showtime, ever... I was pretty much humiliated... The Girls were very kind... I kept on working, then I received two calls, friends that had some fun stuff, and were cleaning out. So I took off, and gathered some great stuff! Several cupboards, mirrors, vintage prints, the coolest vintage barrel back, leather chairs,{ that I have been trying to buy, for years!} and a lot of dibby dabbies! Perfect for Gold Rush, and my Fall Harvest Sale! It's pushing 10:00, and I'm beat... I'll finish loading in the morning.{ we unload, and partially set up tomorrow afternoon...} We weren't going to take the Little Ford, but I'm tempted to just leave it loaded, and have Liz drive it to the show...We'll see... I may not be able to post over the weekend, it depends on the hotel's wi-fi, if not, I will be back Monday! 'til next time, Barb C.

1 comment:

Lori R. said...

Wow, you sure do pack alot in a day, no pun intended...Good luck with the show, hey, save some things for your fall open house. I plan on coming up for it! My daughter lives in CRapids and I had no idea you were so close... so I am excited to say, I'll be visiting then!!! Thanks for visiting my blog Barb and we will chat when you return. Can't wait to hear how it all went...